Saturday, May 17, 2008

the a(u)nti(e) theory

its mostly me who appreciates my theories. and theories i've got plenty. but after validation from my two roomies(they may feature frequently in my blog, so u better memorize their names- aneesh and chandu), i've decided to post some of the more far reaching and world changing ones. the "aunty theory" is one which dwelves in human behaviour...or more aptly, behaviour of boys!! and in time, i'll link this to concepts like time and effort invested, return on investment, and depriciating value of "goods". so this should appeal to bankers and marketing guys alike.

Its called the aunty theory. ever noticed this hottie who u'd like to be friends with. nd all the effort that goes into that first intro. then the moment when u finally talk to her for the very first time. what a thrill!! in time, u become friends( and i'm speaking from the point of view that just friends is where it will remain).
Suddenly, shes not that great looking. Just a good looking friend. Is it just me or is it natural to just not find the hottie soooo hot nemore. Who turned down the heat..... nd thats the question from where it all began.
well....shes still the same. hot. and apparently there are still others who'll swear by that. everything else being constant, the only variable is that u now know her. nd that changes your perception of her? well..... YES. just knowing her removes the mystery. no mystery, no interest. so that hot chik u used to eye has suddenly become your good looking friend. damn this theory. cos its true. (the same happens when u loose hope. no hope, no interest. apply the above theory to the cute girl who gets married. the initial disappointment soon changes to "whoaaaaa, she looks like an aunty now!!!". funny how loss of hope leads to her being termed an auntie. poor girl. aneesh will vouch by this one. a day after i shared this thesis with him, he noticed its practical implications)

extrapolate this theory nd u'll know that life is doomed for all us guys. we can't hope of being with someone hot/cute/pretty/... forever. Cos temperature falls drastically (bad attempt to compare hot with temp) with increase in proximity. Now I know this doesn't read too well for the majority of the male population of the world. But being an optimist, I hope i'm one of the few who gets to take away others' hope by actually ending up with that someone who I find hot. And here is the light at the end of the tunnel..... technology helps in weird ways to control temperatures. Hail global warming. I guess I just stumbled on the topic of my next post.

Lemme know your views. Expected topics in the near future:
World Domination
Co-operate to dominate
Show and tell
Bad boss theory
Data warehousing and mining- preventing terrorism
MBA-to do or not to do

and guys, please recommend more topics. I'm good at sharing gyaan. Let me know what you want me to write about. Please don't say "Stop Writing". I'll make it better in time :)

3 comments:

Aneesh Hiremath said...

I agree with the above theory in my present place of existence though I feel a contradiction exists with respect to the demand and supply paradigm. The more the supply the demand invairantly lowers.
This results in a net sum 'Auntification'. Due to an anticipation of an incerase in supply, the existing status changes from hot to 'Auntie'. This is probably why companies rebrand their offerings.
I guess we can universally conclude that Rebranding is necessaary to sustain demand and should be done with frequency to prevent 'Auntification'.

In the same lines I am very eager to hear similar views about the possible transition from 'Stud' to 'Bhaiyya!'......

Uday Jishna V said...

Though this theory may be true for me as well(..may be dats why i'm still single :( ..), I'd like to contradict to this theory. atleast for the gr8-er gud.

Since i'm a science geek i'd explain in my fashion.. Lets see at the hot to auntie trasition theory this way.

Temperature increses with proximity of two objects. thats when the two objects have oppsite qualities but yet blanced.. One gives and the other recieves. So as long as the hot objects(the hottie) is incompatible to u it ain't gonna work. Instead some1 else may take up the heat. And let me remind u ultimately its just another guy, very much like you, who is getting the hottie. So lets keep up the hopes of finding another hottie compatible for us..

Remember "Every dog has his day.." So did the happy fool who is getting married.. ;)

ayush said...

Dear Mr. Uday Jishna Venugopal,
A year of thinking just made me realize that u r a friggin GENIUS. U just found a way to prove the theory "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed".... it can only be transferred from one form to another....or in this case, one guy to another. I guess we've finally found our place in the text books next to the likes of the Einsteins & Newtons of the world!!!! Watch Out!